Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Family Day


So Ryan instituted this thing called Family Day, where I have NO commitments and we get out of the house and do fun things.

Today we drive around Bainbridge Island and looked at all the huge, gorgeous houses. 

Then we went for a rain soaked walk at Fort Warden.


Finally, Blackbird Cafe for hot chocolate, lattes and elk cookies. (Thanks, Arbonne for letting me treat my family!)





Then we went to Churchyard teas & yarn (where we ignored all the yarn), to look at their loose-leaf teas. The clerk gave us a generous sample of the rooibos mango, and we bought a small thing of ginger rooibos. 

Since Ryan and I are seriously cutting back on coffee, tea's become our thing. 

Little miss decided to take a turn driving. Backseat driving just wasn't good enough.




We'll go home and have some delicious quateel (Thai chicken noodle soup.) And you should be jealous! It's one of my fave meals ever. 



Yep. I make my kids eat weird things.

After folding tons of laundry, and putting the girls to bed, Ryan and I will play games. 

Last night, we watched Monuments Men, and I highly recommend! The house was packed. We got free readmittance tickets because one of the employees was super rude to us on the phone when we were asking about showtimes. So now we can see another movie! :)



Last night, we attempted to get a good shot of the girls togerther for Valentine's day. I'll let you be the judge of how well that went:


We got a few OK ones ....




This weekend has been a welcome relief from, well, from this ...



Just keepin' it real, y'all. 

What fun things do you do with your families?

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Unfortunately our weather hasn't been condusive to getting outside much as of late! Yesterday though for a brief moment it was and Jake took Isaac to the park and to throw stones into the creek.

    ReplyDelete